Sunday, July 18, 2004

thoughts on leaving

it's a lazy day back here at the province... well, I just don't feel like working today even if i am here at the my "office"...  i actually have loads of work to do right now, but i have decided to forget about those stuffs for now and try posting something here. 
 
in less than two weeks i am leaving bicol for good to try to make a living back in manila... a part of me feels totally ecstatic at that thought. why shouldn't i? i will finally be back to the place i believe i truly belong... the place i have spent all my life in (excluding the nearly 2 years i have spent here in the province).... well, i am not saying that people here in bicol are unfriendly, but i am always searching for the things, people and places that i have grown up with.... try as i might, i cant seem to convince myself to try to truly live here. now i guess i know how dorothy (is that her name?) felt when she told her ruby slippers, "there is no place like home". how true.
 
but i would be lying to myself if i will say that i dont feel sad at leaving this place. it's funny to think that if you will be asking me about six months back if i will be sad at leaving bicol, i would probably laugh at your face and say that you must be dreaming.
 
i find it truly ironic that i found friends here when i am starting to realize that it is time to me to go. 
  

  
 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home