Tuesday, July 20, 2004

reflections behind the camera

Had just finished talking with my mom a few moments ago… honestly, I have felt really upset about her comment about me not having money to lend Yeng. what does she expect me to do, refuse Yeng?
 
I would admit that I don’t really have much cash left here. Heck, what can I do, my dermatological treatments costs me a fortune you know!
 
my mom’s really a harsh critic… I really do love her in spite of that, but sometimes her words have a way of wounding you. and she’s horribly pessimistic lately… worrying too much over one's future doesn’t really help anyone, you know. I think she sometimes forgets that we all but stay in this world for but a short time only.
 
Anyway, it started out like this: Yeng approached me early this evening to borrow P1000 from me since they really don’t have money left. It’s so bad that they don't even have the money to buy my godson's (who’s Yeng’s nephew) milk.  (the tot's barely 2 years old)
 
Yeng offered me this old camera as “collateral”, and she promises that they will pay me back when they receive her dad’s next salary at the end of the month. I have initially thought of turning her down, since I will be needing all the money I can earn on these last few days of my shop. I am anticipating additional expenses on my shop’s closing. I also thought about the possibility of Yeng never paying me back. I also thought about the camera’s actual value. I know that the P1000 she is asking me is way too high since you can buy brand new cameras at half the price.
 
But I am also thinking about the implications of turning her down. I don’t know if my mom realizes the possible effects of refusing her when they are the ones who knew a very likely buyer of the computer units.
 
does my mother know that I only saw Yeng buying their dinner after I gave the money to her older sister? God knows how terrified I am of the possibility of experiencing the same thing that they are currently going through.. I just thought that I should try to help somehow since I am still lucky that I still have some money left.
 
Does my mom realize this? Or had she became so blinded by worry that she fails to see that God still continues to guide us through this difficult time in our lives?
 
True, Yeng may have overpriced the camera, but it does not mean I should start acting blind to their distress. 
  
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home