Saturday, July 24, 2004

In the Final Hours

I just thought of posting my poems here... it describes more eloquently what is happening to my life. 

---------------------------
 
IN THE FINAL HOURS
 
Please sing to me again
the song of my heart
for all I hear now
is wailing, wailing.

Where are the happy chirping
of the birds
that used to greet me
as I face the rising sun?

Where has the cool
morning breeze gone
that used to envelope my senses
in her reassuring embrace?

Have they gone
and left me to suffer
in the hands of those
who once vowed
to keep me safe?

I should have known
that every kind word
that escapes their lips
comes with a price.

I was beguiled
by their gentleness
and thought it was for real.

But what I have seen
was actually
the elaborate beauty
of their trap.

A snake
no matter how beautiful
no matter how docile
will forever be
a snake.

And I was an idiot
to believe
that the snake
will show compassion
at its prey's
weakest hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home