Saturday, July 24, 2004

Facade

Darkness has fallen
As I slowly open
with trembling hands
the front door
of my refuge

and with a flick of the switch
I have to close my bloodshot eyes
as the living room was bathed
with glaring white light

I slowly closed the door
kicked off my shoes
and slumped on the cold
merciless floor.

Once again
the empty halls bear witness
to the tearsthat flow endlessly
from the woman behind
the indifferent mask.

Another battle is won
against the smiling hypocrites
who would siphon the life out of me
at the faintest scent of my weakness.

How I yearn
for the day to come
when I can finally leave
this village of lies.

Lest I become totally disillusioned
at the sincerity of a human's compassion
and my defenses totally crumble
in my losing battle
against these horrid
monsters of the day

who have long ago
gave up their sanity
for the glittering beauty
of the items
poor Midas once touched. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home